Based on a traditional recipe handed down through generations, our shampoo bars are not detergent based but made from saponified vegetable oils. Being 100% plant based and vegan, our shampoo bars will not strip all of the natural oils from your hair. Instead it removes only the excess oil, dirt and grime and leaves some of the natural oils intact to keep your skin and hair healthy, naturally.
1 bar is equivalent to 2 x bottles of shampoo
J.R. Liggett was first introduced to making soap at the very early age of 5.
His Great Aunt Ann who lived in Denman, Nebraska got him to help make her yearly batch of soap. This soap was all purpose from bathing, doing dishes and general cleaning.
J.R. really enjoyed the process of making all purpose soaps and continued this practical and artistic hobby until 40 years ago when he discovered a traditional recipe card stuck in a very old book. The recipe was for “Hair Soap” and caught J.R.’s attention. He made up a batch and started by giving bars to friends and family as gifts. He soon had people asking for more and the rest is history!
JR Liggett's is situated on the banks of the Connecticut River, where all products are manufactured in Cornish, New Hampshire on a 250-year-old farm.
They have always been A ZERO WASTE company and their key focus is consciousness toward ecology and their promoting customers wellbeing
All 100% natural, pure and edible plant oils.
• GMO Free , Vegan, 100% natural, Zero Waste
• Promotes healthy hair
• No Animal Products, Preservatives, or Artificial Colourants, 100% Detergent Free
• Will Not Strip Hair of Natural Protective Oils. Requires no conditioner for many customers
• No Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS), DEA, or any other Petroleum based detergents
• Simple to Use, produces a luxuriously thick lather, and rinses clean
• Works well for grey and silver hair, permed, coloured, or naturally curly hair.
• Formulas for all hair types
• Works well for people with allergies and sensitivities
• Made by an Ethical and Ecologically Minded Company for the last 40 years.
• Multipurpose – use for the body, shaving and even for clothes/dishes too