J.R.Liggett's Original Formula Shampoo Bar 99g
100% vegetable oil formulation lathers quickly, cleans well, and rinses out easily, leaving you with healthy, beautiful, and clean hair. It will not strip the natural oils from your hair (there are no detergents). For this reason, most people do not need a conditioner!
This is the first shampoo bar we introduced more than 40 years ago and works well for nearly anyone. The original formulation is still the bestselling today. This is a great bar to start with if you are unsure about which formulation is best for your hair.
Has a mild “clean” scent derived from Essential Oils.
MADE IN THE U.S.A. WITH ALL NATURAL, SAFE, INGREDIENTS
J.R.LIGGETT'S Original Formula is made from...
The remarkable benefits of olive oil have been known for thousands of years. It is a natural conditioner that makes hair shiny and soft, and is loaded with antioxidants to keep your scalp healthy. Olive oil fights hair loss by helping control dandruff, fungi, and bacteria. It prevents hair follicle shafts from narrowing by preventing DHT hormone production, letting you hold onto your hair longer. It can also improve blood circulation to the scalp and stimulate hair follicles, giving you thicker, healthier strands.
The main component behind our luxurious lather, coconut oil works wonders on the hair and scalp. The fats present in coconut oil retain the moisture content of the skin, and help eliminate further losses. The antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties found within protect from microbial infections than can enter through the pores. Coconut oil also contains Vitamin E, and is fantastic with skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Native to Africa and India, this oil is well known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It accelerates blood flow to the scalp, thus increasing hair growth. It is very nourishing on the scalp and helps strengthen the roots with essential nutrients.
Rose Essential Oil. Just smells clean!
Our shampoos are very versatile. They also serve as a mild body soap, work wonderfully for all your shaving needs, and are great for washing dishes while camping. It can even serve as a toothpaste in a pinch. Just swipe your toothbrush over the bar and into some baking soda and brush away!
How to Use a Shampoo Bar
• Rub the bar directly on wet hair to produce a quick and luxurious lather. Rinse immediately with warm, not hot, water.
• Our shampoo bars do not strip the hairs natural oils but instead clean gently – some customers find they do not need additional conditioner afterwards
• There may be a transition period after switching to bar shampoo. Your hair and scalp can go through an adjustment period where they learn to balance oil production again, and rid themselves of years of accumulated detergents and chemicals.
• If required – a diluted Apple Cider Vinegar rinse can be used to speed up the transition
What is an Acid Cider Vinegar rinse?
• An ACV (apple cider vinegar) wash can be used after shampooing with the bar if you feel a need for it. If you feel there is any residue left behind on hair or are in a hard water area then this may help.
• Mix about a tablespoon of ACV with about a cup of warm water.
• After shampooing and rinsing, apply the ACV wash to your hair and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then rinse it out. The smell of vinegar will completely dissipate when your hair is dried. After showering with the ACV rinse, it is often easier to comb your hair than when using commercial leave-in conditioners!