Love what we do
LoveLula brings together an unparalleled selection of the world’s finest natural and organic beauty products. Our brands are hand-picked and tested: products must be created using the highest possible percentage of high grade, ethically sourced natural and organic ingredients; and they must be effective, luxurious and guilt-free.
We insist on NO Parabens, NO SLS's and NO animal testing. Beyond this we seek out the most innovative companies and strive to support morally run and environmentally driven businesses.
Working with over 200 global brands we are excited to offer our customers the most up-to-date range of products, including skincare, bath products, makeup, haircare and babycare, along with expert personal service and the highest standards of customer care.
Ours is a ‘beauty for life’ philosophy.
Love our story
LoveLula is the result of a nine-year journey which began with the birth of a child and ended in the unification of two award-winning companies.
In 2004, first-time mother Sonia White discovered that her baby son had severe eczema. Reluctant to put prescribed steroids onto his vulnerable skin she went in search of a more natural solution. Shocked at the number of chemicals in skincare products masquerading as ‘natural’, she felt cheated by the big brands and began researching the market. After tracking down a few dedicated companies who shared her beliefs, and drawing on her entrepreneurial skills, her faith in organic products and her ethical stance, she set out to launch Amarya in 2009.
Sonia’s personal experience and passion informed every aspect of the company. Actively supporting small, often family-run, artisan and niche natural and organic brands, Amarya was soon delivering thousands of products to customers around the world. The company’s success attracted the attention of the market-leaders – names such as Dr. Hauschka, Trilogy and REN - and Amarya soon evolved into a multi-award-winning organisation, building a reputation for excellent customer care, personal service and product integrity.
In July 2013 Sonia took the decision to merge Amarya with the organic beauty apothecary, LoveLula, retaining the best elements of both companies and offering a true fusion of organic beauty and excellence. The original LoveLula website was the expression of Claire Braithwaite's passion for chemical-free and ethical living and in respect to her the new site retains much of her vision to bring purity, simplicity and balance into everyday life. Later that same year, LoveLula acquired on-line beauty destination Beauty Bazaar, adding further depth to customers' choice of natural brands.
Love what we believe
Passion informs everything we do; from meticulous selection of the right brands to working with people who care as much about the environment as we do. However, we don’t believe in natural for natural’s sake. The products which make the grade have to be super-effective and wonderful to use.
Many chemicals used in skincare products have been proven to have harmful effects; the list is long – and frightening. We believe that using natural ingredients in their purest form makes a world of difference; Nature has provided us with powerful resources which work in harmony with our bodies and which make us look and feel more beautiful.
We believe that beauty is more than skin deep. To this end we constantly update and re-evaluate our brands. We acknowledge the value of nutritional expertise, traditional remedies and regional heritage, along with cutting-edge scientific research and testing in product development. We believe it matters that we work with like-minded individuals and companies we can trust; we respect their passion for the products and the love, skill and expertise which goes into developing them.
We also believe in transparency - clear labelling and honest ingredient listing - to enable consumers to make an informed choice.
We love the fact that our customers share our beliefs and understand the value of a clear conscience.
We believe that inner beauty shows.
Love who we are
The LoveLula team is made up of a small but highly qualified group of beauty therapists, make-up artists and industry specialists. We represent a variety of age-groups and backgrounds. Between us we aim to deliver a comprehensive depth of understanding, expertise and service.
We are constantly in touch with our customers in every corner the world. We are here to answer questions and queries and offer guidance on everything from how to tackle psoriasis to the latest shade of nail varnish… We love and know our products and want customers to be happy with the choices they make.
Our warehouse team personally pack and double-check every order and dispatch parcels using the most secure and efficient delivery systems. We offer personal gift-wrapping, free samples, a Freepost return service and a generous reward scheme.
But what really sets us apart is that we care. We love to hear from you and receive feedback. We all share a belief in the benefits of natural and organic and can hope to cultivate a more beautiful future together.
Love our ingredient policy
At LoveLula we seek out beauty products which embrace the spirit of natural and organic living. This means that you won't find any products in our collection which contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Parabens or animal by-products.
We only stock products made by companies who do not test their products or ingredients on animals, nor pay third parties to carry out animal testing for them.
Some of the products we stock have been certified by the Soil Association, Ecocert, BDIH, Natrue and the Vegan Society. The only non-vegan ingredients we permit are beeswax, propolis, honey, milk and lanolin (from sheep’s wool and which has been tested for toxic residues). All of these substances can be produced without harming the animal in any way.
Some natural cosmetics contain carmine or silk which are both ingredients produced from insects.You will find a clear ingredient list alongside every product detailing its composition to enable you to make a clear and informed choice.
Love our products
Our product policy is quite simple: we actively seek out the most luxurious, effective, pure, natural, organic beauty products that the world has to offer.
We carefully test and evaluate every product before choosing it for our collection. We aim to provide advanced natural solutions for people with all kinds of skin types and conditions and for those who care what they put on their skin.
The natural and organic products we stock come from around the globe and are produced by companies who are passionate about their products. We choose only to work with companies who bring a conscience into their business practices from the way they treat their staff to their respect for our planet and the people on it. We are authorised stockists of all the brands we retail. This means we work with the brand owners themselves and have their express permission to sell to their products. We never sell any products that have not come directly from the brand owners or their authorised wholesaler. The products we sell are invariably created with a responsible approach to the environment and using the best ingredients nature has to offer.
But being natural and organic is not in itself a guarantee of our approval. We test every product for efficacy, quality and results. We love products which have been scientifically developed, which offer the most advanced and up-to-date formulations and which deliver outstanding results. If they also look, smell and feel beautiful then we are smitten! We simply choose the most effective products we have discovered and those which we ourselves want on our dressing tables.
Love natural and organic
We feel it is important to bring clarity to terms which, in the beauty industry, are often misused.
• Natural: The definition of a natural substance is one which exists in, or is caused by nature; not artificial, disguised or altered. Natural beauty products are those created using botanically sourced ingredients currently existing in or formed by nature, without the use of synthetic chemicals, and manufactured in such a way as to preserve the integrity of the ingredients. Natural beauty products found at LoveLula are always made using the highest possible percentage of naturally-derived ingredients (such as herbs, roots, essential oils and flowers) combined with naturally occurring carrier agents, preservatives, surfactants, humectants and emulsifiers.
• Organic: Defined as produced without the use of pesticides, artificial fertilizers or synthetic chemicals. Products labelled as organic must not only contain a high percentage of organic ingredients, but also a minimum of synthetic ingredients and processing and provide clear labelling. The ingredients used in organic beauty products must have been harvested from plants grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, fungicides, or inorganic fertilizers, and prepared without the use of preservatives. We also like to go one step further and promote brands which have been through a certification process by a regulatory body such as the UK Soil Association, BDIH and EcoCert where they have been thoroughly tested for their organic or natural ingredients.
You will therefore find that certain products in our collection have additional certification:
• Soil Association: A UK body set up to stabilise organic standards across the cosmetics, food and farming industries. If a product has the Soil Association stamp on the label then at least 71% of the ingredients are certified organic. If the level reaches 95% then the product can be labelled as ‘Organic’.
• Ecocert: An organic certification organisation set up in France but which operates globally. To achieve this certification a product must adhere to a list of ingredient guidelines and must contain a minimum of 95% vegetable and natural ingredients, a minimum of 10% organic ingredients (from the total of the 95% natural and vegetable ingredients) and only 5% maximum synthetic ingredients, that are not included in the negative list.
• BDIH: This is the non-profit Association of Industries and Trading Firms for pharmaceuticals, health care products, food supplements and personal hygiene which issues comprehensive guidelines for certified natural cosmetics. Products marked with the BDIH Certified Natural Cosmetics seal use natural raw material from controlled biological cultivation or wild collection.
• Natrue: An international non-profit association whose goal is to promote and protect natural beauty and skin care products. The Natrue label is a guarantee that the product you buy is certified to be as natural as it can be.
• The Vegan Society was established in 1944 in England. To be Vegan Society Approved a product must be free from animal ingredients or materials derived from meat, fish, animals’ milk, egg or honey, or any other animal-derived substances such as gelatine. The product and its ingredients must have not been tested on animals.
Spread the Love… x